[Pdns-users] pdns recursor - unthreaded vs threaded operation

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) nils at lemonbit.com
Fri Dec 30 09:32:52 UTC 2011

Fabio Sangiovanni wrote:

> Database transactions help in terms of integrity, but they can do nothing about the order of data updates. If 2 threads work independently and execute the same update query on the db, I can't predict with certainty which one will occur first.

AFAIK no updates are committed until the transaction is committed, so all queries within a transaction are guaranteed to happen as if they were one modification to the database. If the order of transactions is important then I think you might need to rethink your logic, because then the whole thing would need to happen in a transaction. I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly, but it sounds like transactions should be able to help here.

Nils.