[Pdns-users] PowerDNS in an ISP environment

Erik Weber twiztar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:42:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:29 PM, Anthony Eden <anthonyeden at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:23 PM, Posner, Sebastian <s.posner at telekom.de>
> wrote:

>> [...]
>> > Just shooting in with a feature that I just came to remember.
>> >
>> > 6) Fancy records.
>>
>> 3.0 doesn't support fancy records any more.
>
> I, for one, am sad about this.

We're still running PowerDNS 2.x and haven't faced this change yet.
Shouldn't it be a matter of extending the records table with a column
with the URL information, and just insert the record as a normal A
record?

Your management software and the forwarding software would have to
confront the URL field, but to PowerDNS it should look like a normal
record.

--
Erik