[Pdns-users] PowerDNS in an ISP environment

Brad Dameron (Ericsson) Brad.Dameron at clearwire.com
Tue Aug 16 17:34:29 UTC 2011

> Hi Bert,
>
> > The best I can do is refer to this thread, which lists some data
> points: http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2011-
> May/007719.html
>
>  Cheers, that's a good start :)
>
> > Measuring the 'company domain name' with fpdns is of limited utility
> - the company domain name itself is often not on the ISP production
> platform.
>
>  Yes I know, it more was I was expecting pdns or no match, but it came
> back with bind.
>
>  It's not so much the question of "is this supported 24x7" etc, I`m
> already impressed with the level of support provided on these lists
> which your response is a fine example of which says how good the
> commercial support would be. We may go down that route but I think
> their feedback is really more just about a name. My direct manager
> knows Bind, so I have to justify "not bind", if you see what I mean.
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

We are one of these large ISP's. We use it for auth and recursive. Why not to use BIND isn't hard to justify. Break out the exploit lists for BIND vs PowerDNS. Then break out the performance metrics. PowerDNS is hands down the winner. So much so that I have talked several other companies into converting to it.

Brad