[Pdns-users] pdnssec secure-zone failing

Eric e2fscksec at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:09:51 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I searched around, but I was unable to find an resolution to my problem.

I have a very vanilla install of PowerDNS 3.0 installed with a PostgreSQL
8.4 backend configured. Everything works as expected. Now I want to sign my
zone, so I extended my schema as outlined here:

    http://doc.powerdns.com/generic-mypgsql-backends.html#id444731

When I try to setup my key, I get the following error:

aws# pdnssec secure-zone domain.tld
No backend was able to secure 'ifyd.com', most likely because no DNSSEC
capable backends are loaded, or because the backends have DNSSEC disabled.
For the Generic SQL backends, set 'gsqlite3-dnssec' or 'gmysql-dnssec' or
'gpgsql-dnssec' etc. Also make sure the schema has been updated for DNSSEC!

(I'm not literally put in domain.tld, but this isn't a public DNS server so
I redacted it. )

I've verified that my schema imported to the best of my ability (I'm fairly
new to postgres). Here is a dump:

--
-- PostgreSQL database dump
--

SET statement_timeout = 0;
SET client_encoding = 'UTF8';

SET search_path = public, pg_catalog;

SET default_tablespace = '';

SET default_with_oids = false;

--
-- Name: records; Type: TABLE; Schema: public; Owner: pgsql; Tablespace:
--

CREATE TABLE records (
    id integer NOT NULL,

ALTER TABLE public.records OWNER TO pgsql;

--
-- Name: records_id_seq; Type: SEQUENCE; Schema: public; Owner: pgsql
--

CREATE SEQUENCE records_id_seq
    START WITH 1

ALTER TABLE public.records_id_seq OWNER TO pgsql;

--
-- Name: records_id_seq; Type: SEQUENCE OWNED BY; Schema: public; Owner:
pgsql

ALTER SEQUENCE records_id_seq OWNED BY records.id;

--
-- Name: id; Type: DEFAULT; Schema: public; Owner: pgsql
--

ALTER TABLE records ALTER COLUMN id SET DEFAULT
nextval('records_id_seq'::regclass);

--
-- Name: records_pkey; Type: CONSTRAINT; Schema: public; Owner: pgsql;
Tablespace:

ALTER TABLE ONLY records
    ADD CONSTRAINT records_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id);

--
-- Name: domain_id; Type: INDEX; Schema: public; Owner: pgsql; Tablespace:
--

CREATE INDEX domain_id ON records USING btree (domain_id);

--
-- Name: nametype_index; Type: INDEX; Schema: public; Owner: pgsql;
Tablespace:

CREATE INDEX nametype_index ON records USING btree (name, type);

--
-- Name: orderindex; Type: INDEX; Schema: public; Owner: pgsql; Tablespace:
--

CREATE INDEX orderindex ON records USING btree (ordername);

--
-- Name: rec_name_index; Type: INDEX; Schema: public; Owner: pgsql;
Tablespace:

CREATE INDEX rec_name_index ON records USING btree (name);

--
-- Name: domain_exists; Type: FK CONSTRAINT; Schema: public; Owner: pgsql
--

ALTER TABLE ONLY records
    ADD CONSTRAINT domain_exists FOREIGN KEY (domain_id) REFERENCES

--
-- Name: records; Type: ACL; Schema: public; Owner: pgsql
--

REVOKE ALL ON TABLE records FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE records FROM pgsql;

--
-- Name: records_id_seq; Type: ACL; Schema: public; Owner: pgsql
--

REVOKE ALL ON SEQUENCE records_id_seq FROM PUBLIC;
REVOKE ALL ON SEQUENCE records_id_seq FROM pgsql;

--
-- PostgreSQL database dump complete
--

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong?

--
Eric