[Pdns-users] DNS resolution problem with pdns-recursor-3.3

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Apr 19 18:41:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 01:24:37PM -0500, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> Hi PDNS users,
>
> I have been trying to figure out why the following site is
> not resolving:
>
> > dig cdn4.digitalconcerthall.com

This is a known bug in 3.3:

Discovered by John J and Robin J, the PowerDNS Recursor did not process
packets that were truncated in mid-record, and also did not act on the
'truncated' (TC) flag in that case. This broke a very small number of
domains, most of them served by very old versions of the PowerDNS
Authoritative Server. Fix in commit 1740.

We will be releasing 3.4 shortly. Meanwhile there is the unreleased version
3.3.1, available on
http://svn.powerdns.com/snapshots/pdns-recursor-3.3.1.tar.bz2 which also
fixes this issue.

Apologies!