[Pdns-users] General DNS questions...

kalpesh thaker kalpesh at webdevworld.com
Fri Apr 8 07:19:42 UTC 2011

On 08/04/2011 09:01, bert hubert wrote:
> - What free tools are there to use to test the latency, response
> >  quality, and stress load, a DNS server?
If you consider choosing to go with PDNS authoritative server, there is
a built in web-server
that can give you performance/load statistics of the nameserver:

heres an example of the stats you can expect, from one of my slaves:

Uptime: 75.1 days Queries/second, 1, 5, 10 minute averages: 2.9, 3.11,
3.15. Max queries/second: 8.8
Cache hitrate, 1, 5, 10 minute averages: 0%, 0%, 0%
Backend query cache hitrate, 1, 5, 10 minute averages: 0%, 0%, 0%
Backend query load, 1, 5, 10 minute averages: 8.68, 9.33, 9.44. Max
queries/second: 53
Total queries: 22829639. Question/answer latency: 0ms

kalpesh

--

"Victory is changing the hearts of your opponents by gentleness and kindness."- Saladin