[Pdns-users] help with noerror-queries

Eduardo Casarero ecasarero at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 19:07:01 UTC 2011

Hi, i have a weird issue with one of many domains hosted in my local
pdns server. Although there is a SOA and an MX for that domain, if i
query for MX records i get an empty answer, and if i query for a SOA
record, i get the CNAME of the domain (wich is already loaded as a
record). I found this explanation in pdns doc's but i can not see the
problem.

"Queries for existing records but for a type we don't have (noerror-queries)
Queries for, say, the AAAA record of a domain, when only an A is
available. Queries are listed in the following format:
name/type. So an AAA query for pdns.powerdns.com looks like
pdns.powerdns.com/AAAA."

Any help, hint, etc. will be really appreciated.

Regards,

Eduardo.