[Pdns-users] Strange time drift in log

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Fri Sep 10 15:43:46 UTC 2010

  Hmm,

I am not sure if I'll manage to compile myself...

In any case, I think this issue should be corrected for the next release
of powerdns authoritative server, because it makes no sense to have
logging in a different time than system time. So I really hope that the
next releases and the associated RHEL / CentOS packages will be corrected.

The biggest problem is that logging in non-system time renders risky or
infeasible the use of various log-based tools, like fail2ban etc, which
take real-time action. It makes things difficult if someone is obliged
to do time adjustments, esp. when there are different winter/summer
times. Logging should be in system time.

Consequently, I hope this fix will find its way in future releases. If I
can finally compile the code with the fix, or if someone can provide an
rpm, I will test it.

Nick