[Pdns-users] Can pdns (with ldap backend) be a master of BIND9 slave?

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Thu Sep 2 13:58:14 UTC 2010

  Thanks Norbert,

...both for your replies and for your work with powerdns ldap backend.

Is there a plan to include NOTIFY support to pdns/ldap so that it can
operate as a true master (regardless of the slave software and back-end)
? [I assume it could make use of the serial number in the sOARecord, as
usual.] Such functionality is very useful and widely used.

One more issue (because we are using delegated subdomains):  I've seen
here (http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.network.dns.powerdns.user/5410 -
2.5 years ago) that there was a bug reported in zone transfers when ldap
includes *delegated* subdomains (subzones), and there was not even a
workaround when ldap-method=tree.

Has this been resolved in current version of pdns (2.9.22), or is it
planned to be fixed in a subsequent version?

Thanks again,
Nick