[Pdns-users] Where to put configuration files

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Tue Sep 7 20:14:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have a but of trouble installing the PowerDNS server when my
configuration files is already in place. I already renamed it to
*.conf.new but it still doesn't work well.

In /etc/powerdns there's a subdirectory named pdns.d and I believe I'm
supposed to copy my custom configuration files in there. My file is
currently named custom.conf but it has the preliminary name
custom.conf.new as long as the package is not installed yet to avoid
trouble when installing all packages at once.

What file names will be parsed by PowerDNS in that directory at startup?
Will my *.new file also be read? I can't find it in the documentation
right now, that directory doesn't seem to be documented at all.