[Pdns-users] AXFR from pdns with ldap backend

Sergey Listopad psychosensor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 12:10:14 UTC 2010

At first thanx to all for replyes. You posts is really useful for me.

Problem is not in 2 SOA records as I decide. The problem is that I
inattentively read link that I posted in first message.
The article says

"
This error means that zone on name_server contains more than one SOA
record (unlikely) or multiple CNAME records for a given name (likely).
Either situation is in volation of DNS RFC's.

BIND 9.x servers cannot be forced to transfer a zone with these
errors. BIND 8.x offers a multiple-cnames directive that allows
multiple CNAME records for a given name.

To fix the problem, first confirm that there is not more than one SOA
record for the zone:
dig @name_server zone axfr | grep SOA
"

but if I understand correctly AXFR always return 2 SOA, at the start
and at the end of transfer. Because of this
`dig @name_server zone axfr | grep SOA` returns false positive and
cant be used for debug this issue.

In my case problem was in multiple CNAME "records for a given name".
Replace multiple CNAME records with A records fix my issue  and  BIND
successfully transfer zone.

Thanks to all. Now I fill happy, and can use PDNS+LDAP as I was planned.

--
S.Listopad