[Pdns-users] OT: MySQL

Robert Spangler mlists at zoominternet.net
Fri Oct 22 20:40:04 UTC 2010

On Friday 22 October 2010 04:39, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) wrote:

>  PLists wrote:
>  >> Could anyone point me to a good learning reference for MySQL?
>  >
>  > The documentation is actually quite good.
>  >
>  > http://dev.mysql.com/
>  >
>  > PDNS uses very simple schemas; easy with no surprises. I manage our PDNS
>  > servers from a master set of SQL scripts (with a little Perl to relieve
>  > the repetition and potential for error).
>
>  Or just use a ready to go PowerDNS administration tool like PowerAdmin [0]
> and you won't need to learn much about MySQL apart from setting it up.
>
>  Nils.
>
>  [0] http://www.poweradmin.org/

The reason for learning/understanding MySQL is for the troubleshooting side of
things.  If I don't understand how it works, I am sure not going to be able
to troubleshoot issues.  Front ends are nice but it is the back end that
normally bite you in the rear.

Thnx for the link.  Will have to check it out.

--

Regards
Robert

Linux