[Pdns-users] Pdns 2.9.22 stopped treating NOTIFY or manual retrieves when acting as slave

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Oct 4 13:51:08 UTC 2010

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 02:09:16PM +0200, Florent Lerat wrote:
> We slave about 200000 domains for most of which one of our 5 servers is the master.
>
> We are slave for 90 different masters. Some of those masters are indeed generating timeout or different types of error such as :
> - Query to '1.2.3.4' for SOA of 'domain' produced a NS record
> - Remote nameserver reported error: RCODE=5
> - Remote nameserver reported error: RCODE=2

Florent,

In 2.9.22 slaving this many domains might actually take *ages*. We've built
2.9.22.x for the people that slave lots of domains, and it has resolved all
these issues in huge deployments.

It can be downloaded from
http://svn.powerdns.com/snapshots/pdns-2.9.22.x-2.tar.gz

It runs in setups with 350k slave domains.

Please let me know if this solves your issue!

	Bert