[Pdns-users] powerdns hangs when ldap backend is unavailable

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Sun Oct 24 20:31:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm using powerdns 2.9.22 authoritative server with ldap backend (using
openldap) on CentOS 5.5.

I've noticed that when for some reason ldap is not available for a while
(e.g. due to restart or due to network outage), powerdns stops
responding to queries (which is natural, initially) and it doesn't
recover when ldap is available again (which is the problem). I have to
manually restart pdns service to resume normal operation, whenever the
ldap server has some operational interruption.

I would expect powerdns to resume normal operation as soon as ldap
becomes available again.

Can anyone offer advice on the issue? Is it a bug or some configuration
option?

Thanks,
Nick