[Pdns-users] Pdns 2.9.22 stopped treating NOTIFY or manual retrieves when acting as slave

Florent Lerat flow at k-ribou.com
Mon Oct 4 10:06:22 UTC 2010

Hi there,

We have been using PowerDNS for a few years without a problem. However, since a few days, we are dealing with an issue I can't resolve.

We are using 5 servers running the same PowerDNS version. 3 of those 5 recently stopped updating when receiving a valid notify from a master server.

In the logs, I see the "valid NOTIFY" coming from the master server, however, pdns never attempt an AXFR on the master server.

The same behavior is noted when I try to force the retrieve via : pdns_control retrieve domainname

Those domain names are hosted on different masters and I am able to run a dig @masterserver domainname axfr without a problem.

Please note that none of the names hosted on the server gets updated.

We are running pdns 2.9.22.

Any idea ?

Let me know if you need some log extract.

Thanks in advance :)

Florent