[Pdns-users] TCP Connection Thread died because of STL error: Reading data: Connection reset by peer

David J Craigon david at craigon.co.uk
Wed May 26 13:29:25 UTC 2010

I've got to the bottom of it, sort of.

Firstly, only dig seems to cause this problem If I try it with
nslookup on Windows, it seemed to work.

It works if I put in a manual serial number in the SOA records.
Otherwise PowerDNS was putting out 0 a serial number in the SOA, which
dig didn't like.

Any idea how to get automatic serial numbers working?

According to the manual:

"If left at 0, the default, PDNS will perform an internal list of the
domain to determine highest change_date field of all records within
the zone, and use that as the zone serial number. "

So what goes in the change_date field? I tried putting  20100526 as a
numerical representation of now, but it was still putting out 0 as a
serial number.

David