[Pdns-users] [recursor] Segmentation fault at startup

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed May 26 08:08:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 09:29:57AM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> %  pdns_recursor
> % uname -a
> NetBSD golgoth 5.0.1 NetBSD 5.0.1 (GENERIC) #0: Thu Oct  1 15:46:16 CEST 2009  stephane at golgoth:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC i386

Hi Stephane,

Thanks for checking out the PowerDNS Recursor!

I'm afraid you have discovered that not a lot of testing is done on NetBSD,
although I personally like this BSD the best.

Sadly we do not currently have access to a NetBSD installation to test
against.

> Very little difference when compiling with -O0 -g:
>
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/sbin/pdns_recursor
> (no debugging symbols found)

In fact, this is so little difference that I wonder if it really was
compiled with -g, can you double check? OPTFLAGS=-g is probably the best way
to go.

> May 26 09:29:04 Operating in 32 bits mode
> May 26 09:29:04 Reading random entropy from '/dev/urandom'

Can you strace during startup? Or the local equivalent?

Thanks!

	Bert