[Pdns-users] Possible tcp listener issue

Simon Bedford sbedford at plus.net
Thu May 6 09:09:48 UTC 2010

bert hubert wrote:
> On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 05:37:10PM +0100, Simon Bedford wrote:
>>> How many TCP/IP queries do you see per second, roughly? A quick run of
>>> rec_control should dig this up.
>> date;rec_control get tcp-questions
>> Tue May  4 17:34:22 BST 2010
>> 79371
>>
>> date;rec_control get tcp-questions
>> Tue May  4 17:35:53 BST 2010
>> 79924
>>
>> Gives us rough stats from a short period of 6 tcp requests per
>> second per server, theres 8 servers.
>
> Ok, this is a good clue. Can you share 'grep tcp
> /etc/powerdns/recursor.conf', or whereever your configuration is?
>
> Thanks.

Bert,

I believe we have the defaults for this option which is 0 :-

# client-tcp-timeout	Timeout in seconds when talking to TCP clients
# client-tcp-timeout=2
# max-tcp-clients	Maximum number of simultaneous TCP clients
# max-tcp-clients=128
# max-tcp-per-client	If set, maximum number of TCP sessions per client
(IP address)
max-tcp-per-client=0

Thanks

Simon