[Pdns-users] [recursor] configure could be more user-friendly

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed May 26 17:57:13 UTC 2010

Derek, Dave, Stephane,

(a rare top-post!), your points are well understood, and will be addressed.

The immediate reason that the pdns-recursor did not have full auto*, and
is unlikely to get it, was the deep dissatisfaction we felt with this suite
of programs.

It turned out to be difficult to have the kind of fine-grained control over
building the recursor in static and semi-static modes using auto*.

We still have the deep dissatisfaction with auto*, which is exhibited for
example by the 'boost' macros which you reference, that are now part of the
powerdns trunk, not in fact detecting boost on many of our platforms..

David, one of the best ways to motivate us is by opening a ticket on
http://wiki.powerdns.com/ - could you do that?

Thanks!