[Pdns-users] lazy-recursion

Liong Kok Foo kokfoo.liong at innity.com
Thu Mar 4 09:01:39 UTC 2010

Hmm...I read the docs on recursion again (which I already read a few
times) and someone this time I got it.

I added google's dns server 8.8.8.8 into the recursor and now external
recursion works.

There must be a reason why this is off by default. Potential security
issues?

If this method works, why is there need for pdns's own recursor server?

Thanks.