[Pdns-users] Possible tcp listener issue

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Jun 28 11:17:20 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 01:13:16PM +0200, Ton van Rosmalen wrote:
> > This is the last thing we can come up with that might explain the issue you
> > are seeing. This fix is necessary, but unlikely to be the cause of the
> > problems you are seeing.
> I sent a message about a similar issue seen using the auth-server. The
> problem occured again about two weeks ago and I noticed in our case that
> tcp-sockets weren't closing.
> It being an auth-server I didn't check the remote end of the connection
> but I will next time around.

Ton,

The authoritative server TCP/IP mechanics are completely different from the
mechanics of the Recursor. Which version of the Authoritative Server do you
run?

> Is it possible that the remote dns-client is the problem? Maybe it just
> isn't closing the connection.

That is all handled - sadly, if it were something simple, we'd have found it
already ;(

So far, Josh & Simon are the only ones reporting this issue though, so
something must be going on. What Laurent Papier reported has been fixed
already (although he may not know it yet ;-))

	Bert