[Pdns-users] Possible tcp listener issue

Simon Bedford sbedford at plus.net
Wed Jun 16 10:31:11 UTC 2010

Please see answers below :-

bert hubert wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:10:29AM +0100, Simon Bedford wrote:
>> I have been running the 'get tcp-clients' every 5 mins in cron on
>> both servers, one is very low <10 and fluctuates, the other is just
>> growing and growing and is currently at 55, hope this info is of
>> value for debug.
>
> Is there any difference between these two servers in terms of:
> * Operating system
No, both Debian Etch

> * Number of processors
No, slightly faster processors in the one with the most clients

> * Network configuration (load balancer?)
Different data centre but same network architecture, both loadbalanced.

> * Use (mail servers versus residential internet connections?)
No, config is identical and use is only as a cachingDNS and NTP server

> * Anything else that comes to mind
Nothing appears to be different, they are from a build that should be
identical across the platform, although we will be looking to upgrade to
Lenny in the near future.

> Thanks!

Thanks

Simon