[Pdns-users] Slave zone just won't refresh....
gshaver at he.net
Wed Jun 9 18:43:27 UTC 2010
On 6/9/10 5:49 AM, Kenneth Marshall wrote:
>> another issue that I've run into was another slave zone. This had pdns
>> cycling every 2-3 seconds
>> Jun 7 00:48:44 ns1 pdns: Initiating transfer of 'axxxxxxxa.us' from
>> remote '220.127.116.11'
>> Jun 7 00:48:45 ns1 pdns: AXFR started for 'axxxxxxxa.us',
>> transaction started
>> Jun 7 00:48:45 ns1 pdns: Communicator thread died because of error:
>> Failed to execute mysql_query, perhaps connection died? Err=1: You have an
>> error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL
>> server version for the right syntax to use near ''\\# 1007
>> 0040000000000000000000000000000000' at line 1
>> Jun 7 00:48:46 ns1 pdns: Our pdns instance exited with code 0
>> Jun 7 00:48:46 ns1 pdns: Respawning
>> Jun 7 00:48:47 ns1 pdns: Guardian is launching an instance
>> Simply removing the zone puts everything back in a happy state, so It's not
>> a timeout issue. Are there any debugging options that can be turned on for
>> the mysql backend? I didn't find any referenced in the documentation and
>> increasing the loglevel doesn't give me any additional information.
>> I've pulled down the zone and besides the laundry list of different record
>> types, it looks fine. I can sanitize it an post it if that would help.
>> The pdns version is the static .deb package from the main download page.
>> Any help is appreciated.
> Hi Gary,
> Try enabling the MySQL query logging to see what command is being
> received by the backend. You can also bump the logging level on the
> PDNS system to see if it gives you more information. Have you changed
> any of the default queries? What is your PDNS configuration, including
> the backend chosen? At 27 entries, you could post the entire zone but
> if the problem is a weird character, sanitizing it will make the
> information useless. I would try bumping the debugging levels first.
> I cannot help much on the MySQL side since we use PostgreSQL as the
> backend database.
I already tried both of those. Increasing the loglevel didn't yield any
additional information and query log didn't include the query, I suspect
due to it's failure.
I've attached the zone. I've changed the hostnames and ip's. The
remainder of the zone is untouched.
>> Gary Shaver | Voice 510.580.4100, Fax 510.580.4151
>> Hurricane Electric | AS6939
>> Network Operations | http://www.he.net
>> Pdns-users mailing list
>> Pdns-users at mailman.powerdns.com
Gary Shaver | Voice 510.580.4100, Fax 510.580.4151
Hurricane Electric | AS6939
Network Operations | http://www.he.net
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Pdns-users