[Pdns-users] Possible tcp listener issue

Simon Bedford sbedford at plus.net
Mon Jun 7 15:08:17 UTC 2010

  > Simon,
  >
  > Could you apply this patch:
  > http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/changeset/1623
  >
  > And periodically run 'rec_control get tcp-clients' ?

Hi Bert, I have just returned from annual leave and began to look into
this earlier but when I download the latest source from your website and
put the files from the changeset into place (following the same
procedure as worked previously) I get the following error when trying to
create the debian package:-

g++ -g -O2 -Wall -O3  -pthread -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o logger.o logger.cc
g++ -g -O2 -Wall -O3  -pthread -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o arguments.o
arguments.cc
g++ -g -O2 -Wall -O3  -pthread -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o lwres.o lwres.cc
g++ -g -O2 -Wall -O3  -pthread -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o pdns_recursor.o
pdns_recursor.cc
pdns_recursor.cc: In function ‘void makeTCPServerSockets()’:
pdns_recursor.cc:895: error: ‘makeIPv6sockaddr’ was not declared in this
scope
pdns_recursor.cc: In function ‘void makeUDPServerSockets()’:
pdns_recursor.cc:959: error: ‘makeIPv6sockaddr’ was not declared in this
scope
make[1]: *** [pdns_recursor.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/*******/applications/pdns-recursor'
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2

I will continue to try and troubleshoot this issue but thought I would
post back to list to show that I am looking into and so that you may
give me a pointer if this is a known problem or something you have come
across before.

A point worth noting it that it also errors if I just try to compile the
software rather than creating a Debian package.

Simon