[Pdns-users] PowerDNS with goracle backend

Maik Zumstrull maik.zumstrull at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Jul 31 10:39:56 UTC 2010

Ihsan Dogan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build PowerDNS with Oracle as a backend and I'm running
> into this:

> soracle.hh:39: error: `dsword' does not name a type

Yes. The type is called sword. Not sure if it used to be called dsword
or that's a typo. Just change it, it's fairly easy to get goracle to
compile.

However, you'll find that the goraclebackend (and the old
oraclebackend) aren't that great. They basically work for simple
(NATIVE only) cases, but not much more than that.

We've rewritten oraclebackend, with -- I hope -- higher code quality
and complete pdns feature support. I'd be happy to give you early
access to the code. There's a patch from a while back on the pdns-dev
list; the newer stuff is in our git and based on the 3.0 branch with
DNSsec. I'm hoping to get the code included in pdns 3.0 for release.