[Pdns-users] Possible tcp listener issue

Simon Bedford sbedford at plus.net
Mon Jul 26 13:24:03 UTC 2010

Simon Bedford wrote:
> Hi Bert,
>
> Is there any update on this bug, interested to know if you have found
> the root cause of it...
>
> Also I have just upgraded one of our internal servers from Debian Etch
> and pdns-recursor-3.1.7-2 to Debian Lenny and the same patched version
> of pdns-recursor-3.2 that we use on the live customer DNS and the
> response time graphing for bbc.co.uk has gone up by at least double.  Is
> this something you have seen before at all, I am investigating from this
> end as well but the upgrade definitely caused this, I can send you the
> graphing seperately if required.

Bit more info on this for you, just done 3 more servers and going from
Etch to Lenny and keeping pdns-recursor 3.1.7-2 was fine and response
times were the same as before the OS upgrade.

I then just upgraded the version to our patched version of 3.2 but
without specifying our usual 4 threads and the response times went up on
the graphing straight away, upping the number of threads makes no
difference and the response times stay high...

I will let the graph update some more and save it should you need it for
more information.