[Pdns-users] Fwd: Re: Recursor not working

Adam Del Vecchio adam.delvecchio at go-techo.com
Tue Jul 13 18:46:04 UTC 2010

IT is connecting sucessfully to mysql, that is in the logs. I am running
the newest stable versions of both. I can sucessfully query domains that
pdns is authoritave for, however, when I attempt to querie a domain that
pdns is not authoritave for (Thus sent to the recursor) I am given
SERVFAIL. I believe I have a misconfiguration somewhere in the recursor.

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:44:13 +0100, Henric Blomgren
<henric at digitalroutes.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can try to use (from shell) mysql -hIPADDRESS -uUSERNAME -p
> Then it will query you for the correct password for the username (same
> as pdns), you will get an error if the connection is unsuccessful (you
> will need to connect from a host on the same network as the sql
> server). You can leave -h out if the sql server is on the
> same/localhost as the pdns server.
>
> Otherwise... Are you running version 2.9 or below of pdns? If so you
> need to upgrade.
>

> //H
> --
> Henric Blomgren
> Web developer & Server administrator
> Digital Routes Ltd - (0044) (0) 141 416 2522
> Skype: henric_040
>

> On 13 July 2010 19:40, Adam Del Vecchio <adam.delvecchio at go-techo.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I have restarted both daemons. As well as the entire server,
>> actually. I cannot verify connection to the backend, how would I do
that?
>> It is connecting to the gmysql backend, I see that in the logs. Also,
(I
>> dont remember having to do this when I setup pdns recursor a few months
>> ago) I have not added recursor to the backend key in pdns.conf, should
I?

>> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:38:34 +0100, Henric Blomgren
>> <henric at digitalroutes.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Did you restart (and not reload) the daemon?
>>> Can you verify that you can connect to the backend?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Henric Blomgren
>>> Web developer & Server administrator
>>> Digital Routes Ltd - (0044) (0) 141 416 2522
>>> Skype: henric_040

>> Connection

VPN