[Pdns-users] PDNS + MySQL results not un-escaped?

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Fri Jan 8 14:06:12 UTC 2010

I think your confusing escaping. Escaping in mysql isn't stored in the
database, it's only to pass it though to the server. The mysql server
removed the escaping, before it stored it, so when you read it, it's
clean and ready to be used.

This causes issues as to what needs to be escaped, cause if you escape
everything, mysql won't remove it from everything, and some will be
left behind, like with your ;

This is what mysql_real_escape_string is for. I will ask the server
what needs to be escaped, based on the current charset selected and
encoded being used, and escape those.