[Pdns-users] Howto use pdns as DNS proxy with multiple recursion servers as source

Hubert Krause hubert.krause at inform-ac.com
Thu Jan 14 08:54:57 UTC 2010

Hello list,

is it possible to use pdns as something like a DNS-Proxy plus autoritative
part? In our environment we have a backend server, which is able to contact
three DNS-Servers wich work as forwarders and autoritative Server in one.
Some times one of this server is down. At the moment we have a pdns 2.9.21.1
on CentOS 5.4 running, wich has only the capability to connect to one
recursor with the recursor statement in pdns.conf. If one of the three server
is down and the one is configured, we have to manually add an alternative
server and restart pdns.

We would like to have something that choose the nameserver wich is up
automatically.

Any hints?

Best regards,

Hubert Krause