[Pdns-users] nslookup weirdness

Udo Rader listudo at bestsolution.at
Wed Feb 17 22:42:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

following a hardware crash I am seeing extremely weird results on the
now restored server where pdns is located.

On the debian lenny based pdns server, I see this (with real IP
addresses replaced):

% cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 172.13.1.2

% nslookup 172.13.17.1
;; Got recursion not available from 127.0.0.1, trying next server
Server:		172.13.1.2
Address:	172.13.1.2#53

2.1.13.172.in-addr.arpa	name = weird.example.com.

% nslookup
> server 127.0.0.1
Default server: 127.0.0.1
Address: 127.0.0.1#53
> 172.13.17.1
Server:		127.0.0.1
Address:	127.0.0.1#53

2.1.13.172.in-addr.arpa	name = weird.example.com.
> exit

forward lookup does not work as well

dig, on the other hand, works as expected ...

The powerdns server used is the latest one avalable from debian
2.9.21.2-1, but of course I am aware that probably this is no pdns
problem at all, but who knows ...

maybe someone has an idea?

--
Udo Rader, CTO