[Pdns-users] qtype argument to pipe backend is always set to 'ANY'

Sudarshan Raghavan sudarshan.t.raghavan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 06:08:27 UTC 2010

I am trying to work with the example pipe backend perl script and I am
seeing the qtype argument is always set to 'ANY' irrespective of the
query type. I have tried this with 'pipebackend-abi-version' set to 1
and 2. The query is sent using dig and command looks like this

$ dig MX @192.168.116.117 testdomain.com

What is being passed to the pipe backend script looks like this

28432 Received: Q       testdomain.com  IN      ANY     -1
192.168.116.40  192.168.116.117

This is after the 'HELO...' line has been sent. I was expecting the
qtype argument to be set to 'MX' instead of 'ANY'. Has anyone else
noticed this issue? Am I missing anything in my configuration? I am
attaching the configuration with this mail.

Thanks in advance,
Sudarshan