[Pdns-users] recursion needed

Liong Kok Foo kokfoo.liong at innity.com
Mon Feb 1 06:57:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

Me again with some noob questions.

I have some domains with cname records pointing to another external domain.

Let's say the cname is as below:

cdn.domain.com  IN CNAME domain.cdn-asia.com
domain.cdn-asia.com obviously is external domain that points to correct
IP address.

When I query the NS, it will say Not authoritative for
"domain.cdn-asia.com". Recursion was desired.

Should I be concerned with this error? Or is it just part of the warning
you get if pdns is not running "recursor"?

Should I install recursor? Is it really neccessary?

Thanks.