[Pdns-users] Can't make AXFR work with LDAP backend

Nick Milas nmilas at admin.noa.gr
Fri Dec 3 16:26:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

I never had problems with AXFR between powerdns authoritative server and
BIND9, but the problem was in Notify messages.

You may want to read the threads:

    Can pdns (with ldap backend) be a master of BIND9 slave?:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/pdns-users@mailman.powerdns.com/msg03248.html
    Successful, yet incomplete AXFR to BIND9 slave:
    http://old.nabble.com/Successful,-yet-incomplete-AXFR-to-BIND9-slave-td29660781.html
    NOTIFY by pdns master with ldap backend in next authoritative server
    releases?:
    http://www.mail-archive.com/pdns-users@mailman.powerdns.com/msg03357.html

Remember that the slave should be included in the zone NS entries and
should be configured as a slave.

Anyway the command:
dig example.net AXFR @pdns.server.example.com
should run without problems. You don't have to configure pdns as a
master for that. It is always capable to produce AXFR output.

I would assume that something is corrupt on your server. Check logs. You
may also want to try a clean installation.

Nick