[Pdns-users] tcp listener issue - hopefully fixed

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sun Aug 29 14:56:14 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:37:42AM +0100, Simon Bedford wrote:
> Just returned from annual leave to this welcome news, has anyone had
> a chance to try it as yet and investigate whether the bug still
> manifests? And does it no longer happen when running Brad's test
> script?

Simon,

Sadly we found that the previous code drop, while stable, still exhibited
the same problem.

We've fixed yet another bug that might be causing the issue, and we are
currently testing that.

This drop can be found on
http://svn.powerdns.com/snapshots/pdns-recursor-3.3-pre.tar.bz2

If you compile the program below, and run it on your pdns server, you'll
probably see it print '0' and then a very large number.  If you could share
that output with us, it could tell us if we are on the right track.

http://pastie.org/1124088
http://pastie.org/1124088.txt
To compile, save as .cpp file and compile with 'g++ -O2 testing.cpp -o testing',
and run with './testing'.

Good luck!

	Bert