[Pdns-users] Possible bug observed in PowerDNS Recursor 3.2.1

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Aug 9 20:03:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 11:36:51AM +0100, Nuno Nunes wrote:
> What we do know is that every time this happens, some of the servers
> behave correctly (TTL expires => get new data) and others don't. And
> when that happens not even `rec_control wipe-cache` will work.
> The servers are all identical (same HW, same OS and same SW).

Hi Nuno,

This is most probably the following item from the 3.3 release notes (which
are already available as a work in progress);

* A return of an old bug, when a domain gets new nameservers, but the old
nameservers continue to contain a copy of the domain, PowerDNS could get
'stuck' with the old servers.  Fixed in commit 1548.

> Has anyone else observed something like this before? Is it a known bug
> and I just failed to find it being discussed? More importantly: is there
> a fix for this behaviour?

http://svn.powerdns.com/snapshots/pdns-recursor-3.3-pre.tar.bz2

Although the 'real' 3.3 is around the corner - hopefully, please see the

Kind regards,

Bert Hubert