[Pdns-users] Install latest PDNS and PDNS-Recursor on Solaris 10 Sparc

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Oct 29 08:21:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 1:35 AM, Barron, Josh <jbarron at afsnetworks.com> wrote:
> Ok looks like PDNS-Recursor compiled.
>
> I've attached the errors I received during the compilation.  FYI I'm using the following platform:
> SunOS ns1 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T1000
>
> Now on to the authoritative server...

Josh,

We too have a Solaris 5.10 Sun Fire T1000 (kindly donated by Sun!).
However, we find that compiling using gcc/g++ 3.3 does not generate
binaries that perform too well (or even work at all). The warning
about -pthread being unknown is a stront hint.

If you could avail yourself of a newer gcc, it is likely that the
authoritative server will compile and work too.

Good luck!