[Pdns-users] How to avoid to be redirected to ad by my ISP if NXDOMAIN?

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Thu Nov 12 20:35:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 09:14:28PM +0100, Gerhard Gaußling wrote:
> I'm using powerdns since a long time on ubuntu/hardy amd64.
> My ISP changed his behaviour and now I get on NXDOMAIN an ad site with a
> search form. But I prefer to get the firefox error page.

I can understand.

> How do I configure pdns or the recursor to avoid this behaviour?
>
> ~$ dig gogle.gom

This is very strange. Are you 100% sure the question is being processed by
your local PowerDNS Recursor?

Most NXDOMAIN redirection setups do not actively intercept non-RD DNS
packets.

Can you show the output of your Recursor running in '--trace' mode when
answering a question for 'gogle.gom'?

Thanks.

	Bert