[Pdns-users] MySQL libraries required?

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Sat Nov 7 23:58:07 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

Why does ./configure look for (and require) the MySQL libs when gmysql
isn't requested?

  - ask

[ask at embla pdns]$ sh bootstrap;  CXXFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include/ ./
configure --with-modules="pdns pipe geo"
Please ignore this warning when you see it:
warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross compiling
[....]
checking whether we should build static binaries...
checking whether we will be building the server... yes
checking whether we will be building the recursor... no
checking whether we should use nedmalloc allocator... no
checking for MySQL library directory... /usr/local/mysql/lib
checking for MySQL include directory... /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql
[...]