[Pdns-users] need help with Google Apps (Mail) + PowerDNS

- Simon - kentor at gmail.com
Wed May 13 20:20:02 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have a small problem with MX records. We are using Google Apps for web
application's email needs and we've already set everything up. We can now
send emails from @ourdomainname.com but we cannot receive them. To do so, we
need to change some MX records as instructed on Google but they do not give
any guidance for PowerDNS + PowerAdmin and nobody online uses this combo so
I can't find any help. Basically if you go to
https://www.google.com/a/ourdomainname.com/ and then login, and then click
on the link "Activate email" right below the email icon, you will see the
set of instructions that I'm trying to follow (if you create a Google Apps
account or already have one or you can view the exact page by going to "
http://www.forum.optymalizacja.com/lofiversion/index.php/t25816.html", you
will see it in the quote. ). The thing is that when I enter the first value
into PowerDNS, I get "Error: You are using an invalid top level domain.".
There are step by step instructions for GoDaddy but not for PowerDNS. Any
help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Simon