[Pdns-users] ixfr support for slaves with large zones

Sean Boran sean at boran.com
Thu Mar 19 14:52:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have a pdns slave to a very large zone (and I do not have administrative
access to the master server), where the serial changes almost every second.
This means that the entire zone keeps being sent. The ixfr protocol, seems
to be the solution in that only the changes to a zone would be propagated.
http://www.dns.net/dnsrd/rfc/rfc1995.html

However, when I search for pdns support for ixfr I dind't much much execpt a
patch two years ago to answer ixfr queries and force full transfers.

So ixfr is not yet supported, is that correct?

Thanks in advance,

Sean Boran