[Pdns-users] Logging All DNS Queries

Brendan Oakley gentux2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 19:36:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Bryan Brannigan wrote:
> I would like to configure PowerDNS to log all DNS queries to a text
> file or to a MySQL table.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

There is the query-logging setting, but given Bert's response I wonder
if it is implemented in any backend. I thought I'd used it once but
it's been a while so maybe I recall incorrectly.

I find that the stats given on the web-server tool answer every
question I want to know about who is querying and for what. For
performance monitoring I have tests that make queries using
'/etc/init.d/pdns mrtg'.

Brendan