[Pdns-users] PDNS Postings

arron bowley arron at mail.org
Fri Jul 10 15:52:54 UTC 2009

Hi  Im on Debian Lenny and I have tried to download the backend from the
following website  http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/pdns-backend-mysql/download and
added the folowing lines to my /etc/apt/sources.list like this:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid main; and added a few of the ftp sites for good measure however the response to running a apt-get is that it can not find the application :(

The Debian box is definatly on the internet so I  manually downloaded the PDNS Static.deb package using a web browser from the debain box  from the PDNS website and manually unpacked it and this worked,

however I couldnt run the same operation as I couldnt find the backend package on the PDNS website :(

I have found the backend on the Debian site however where would I save it too within the Debian OS and how would I unpack it (im a bit of a novice but have enough syntax to get around, Ive installed PHP, Apache and

Debian manually).

I hope you can help me :)

Arron