[Pdns-users] PDNS Recursor compile errors on g++ 4.4.0

Roger Libiez rlibiez at arthmoor.com
Sun Jul 5 09:44:08 UTC 2009

Leen Besselink wrote:
> Hi Roger,
>
> What version of PowerDNS-recursor and what version of Boost are you using ?:
>
> I'm no expert, but I wouldn't be surprised if a newer Boost library solved the problem.
>
> Atleast that's what my gut instinct told me, a quick Google search was much more useful.
>
> I think you might need to add:
>
> #include <cstdio>
>
> to misc.hh
>
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewvc/devel/pdns-recursor/pdns-recursor-gcc44.patch?revision=1.1&view=markup
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Have a nice day,
> 	Leen Besselink.

PDNS-Recursor version 3.1.7 from the download page. I'm unaware of there
being anything newer.

If the RPM package is any indication, it's Boost 1.37.

The OS is Fedora 11.

The compiler is g++ 4.4.0

Adding that include to the bottom of misc.hh didn't change anything either.

I should add I have two other boxes at a different site using the same
PDNS-Recursor but on Fedora 10, with Boost 1.34, and gcc 4.3.2. They do
not display the error during compile.

--
Arthmoor MUD Hosting Services: http://www.arthmoor.com/