[Pdns-users] PowerDNS + TLS, How should Slapd be setup?

Kumba kumba at gentoo.org
Tue Feb 17 07:13:20 UTC 2009

Kumba wrote:

> Stumped on this, and after 3 hours of attacking it, pretty much lost on
> options.

I've been at this too long.  Turned off ldap-starttls, and it hooked up to the
ldaps://URI just fine.  Hah!

But, the Assertion failure still happens when you have ldap-starttls=yes and
ldap-host is in the form of ldap://ldap.mydomain.com/, which corresponds with
the documentation on the ldap-backend website, so I think that sounds like a bug?

Of course, my slapd is still running in ldaps-only mode, so maybe the daemon
isn't dealing with a return value properly?

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS
kumba at gentoo.org

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And our
lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic