[Pdns-users] Anyone working on a PHP API?

Norbert Sendetzky norbert at linuxnetworks.de
Sat Feb 14 21:05:44 UTC 2009

Hi David, Maysara

> Yeah, I'm definitely thinking more about a PHP 'library' (for lack of a
> better word) that manipulates the underlying database. So you'd call
>
> // instantiates a new instance of the class with domain ID 1
> $coolPDNSLib = new CoolPDNSLib(1);
> // add a CNAME record to domain ID #1: foo.bar.com -> 'baz.bar.com'
> $coolPDNSLib->addRecord(TYPE_CNAME, 'foo.bar.com', 'baz.bar.com');
>
> The idea is that addRecord() would take care of all the nitty gritty
> details of adding the record, updating the SOA serial #, etc....

That's a fantastic idea!
The other developers could focus on creating the management application and
also don't need to care about the low-level details any more (like different
SQL databases or LDAP directories).

I would be glad to host such a project and provide ideas and code and I've
dared to set up a project page for this:

http://linuxnetworks.de/doc/index.php/PowerDNS_Management_API

Hope to get many ideas and code from you and all other interested parties :-)

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/norbert.pubkey.asc