[Pdns-users] Weird CNAME root-referral problem

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Tue Feb 10 08:38:11 UTC 2009

On Feb 10, 2009, at 3:03, bert hubert wrote:

>> I can't get powerdns (2.9.22) to not send root(!) referrals with
>> CNAME
>> replies.  Any ideas?
>
> Could you try the attached patch?

Thanks!

It seems to work for recursive(!) requests - but if I use "dig
+norec  ..." then the referrals still end up in the reply (and the
packet cache as far as I can tell).

> It appears that you have found a bug!

At least you came up with a patch about as fast as I found the
bug!  :-)  (We only started testing powerdns a few days ago; it's
already one of the nameservers for apache.org and perl.org actually).

  - ask