[Pdns-users] Which GUI for pdns with mysql? (6 found so far)

Sean Boran sean at boran.com
Mon Feb 2 18:52:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

Which GUIs do you recommend? So far the following have popped up:
Recent:
- PDNS Admin 8.2008 http://pdnsadmin.iguanadons.net/
- PowerAdmin 11.2008 (http://www.poweradmin.org/)
- ZoneAdmin 8.2008 beta (http://freshmeat.net/projects/zoneadmin/)
Oldish:
- PowerDNS Administration 2005 (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/powerdnsadmin/)
- TUPA 2006 (http://www.tupa-dns.org/)
- WebDNS 2006 (http://freshmeat.net/projects/webdns/)

I tried pdns admin and poweradmin, and would probably prefer pdns admin.
With both of them though, two issues stood out for me:
a) When a domain has hundreds of entries, the list cannot be sorted by IP
address
b) When adding a forward (A) record, the appropriate reverse record is not
generate.

I want to use it to manage the master records for ~10-20 subnets & 2-3
domains..

Thanks in advance,

Sean