[Pdns-users] Query Clarification & Possible TTL problem

AJ McKee aj.mckee at druid-dns.com
Mon Sep 22 14:15:06 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am testing PDNS on Deb. Lenny using the default packages. My PDNS
version is 2.9.21.1

I created a dummy domain called foo.com and run the following dig command on it;

dig @localhost food.com SOA

I had enabled query logging and the following query raised my eyebrows;

Sep 22 15:10:45 Query: select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name
from records where name='foo.com'
Sep 22 15:10:45 Query: select content,ttl,prio,type,domain_id,name
from records where type='SOA' and name='foo.com'

Every time I run the same dig, I get the same two lines in the log.

Does this mean that there are in fact two queries being made to the
db? If so, would that be efficient?

Finally, the TTL I set in the TTL column is not being returned to me.
Instead its the 3600 in the config (Commented it out, but its a
default val AFAIR)

Are there any know issues with this deb package (I accept its testing)

TIA
AJ