[Pdns-users] forward for RBL zones

Koopmann, Jan-Peter jan-peter at koopmann.eu
Wed Sep 3 08:14:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

we are using rbldns to provide several rbls internally. One of them is a
"self written" rbl. I am trying to convince powerdns-recursor to forward
all requests for the dns-gl.seceidos.de domain to the internal rbl
server. However this does not seem to work as expected. Anything special
I need to do? I have this in the forwards.conf:

dns-gl.seceidos.de=192.168.200.8

and of course

forward-zones-file=/etc/pdns-recursor/forward.conf

If I manually dig an address like this "dig
32.180.160.217.dns-gl.seceidos.de @192.168.200.8", the rbldns answers
correctly. If I query the pdns-recursor it cannot find the record.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards,

  JP