[Pdns-users] Timeout from remote TCP client 127.0.0.1

Matt LaPlante cyberdog3k at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 04:10:38 UTC 2008

I have need of a local caching resolver on one of my servers.  I
started out using bind, but it was very resource (read: memory) heavy
for simply doing forward lookups.  I found pdns_recursor and wanted to
give it a try.  It appears to be running smoothly, and i smuch more
resource friendly, but it's also spamming the heck out of my syslog
with the following messages:

pdns_recursor[3115]: Timeout from remote TCP client 127.0.0.1

Should I be concerned about the state of the resolver given these
messages?  And if not, how can I silence them to keep my logs clean?

ii  pdns-recursor                     3.1.7-1                  PowerDNS recursor

Thanks,
Matt